When it comes to keeping your home secure from the weather elements, your roof will play a large role in providing you with the protection you need. It's important to know the type of roofing materials that are available for you and the benefits that each of these may offer. This will help you choose the one that is best for your home and your budget.
One of the commonly used materials used when it comes to roofing your home is asphalt shingles. There are numerous advantages of using this type, and these are listed below:
1. The cost of these shingles is one of the least expensive you will find. The average price per square foot is $1-$4 in most areas.
2. These shingles are long lasting and could last up to 20 years in some areas.
3. Asphalt shingles are easily installed and are available in a variety of colors and styles.
Many homeowners may choose a metal roof because of the many advantages of doing so. This is one of the longest lasting materials on the market. Studies show that a metal roof can last as long as 50-75 years in some cases.
Below are other reasons to invest in a metal roof:
1. Metal roofs are easily maintained and require little to no additional work after being installed.
2. This type of material is fire resistant.
3. It's easy to install a metal roof because of the large sheets that this type is available in for the homeowner.
One of the most attractive types of roofing materials for many homeowners is a slate roof. There are pros and cons to selecting this type. One of the biggest downsides of choosing this roof is the cost of doing so. A slate roof is $9-$10 per square foot and this makes it one of the most expensive types on the market for you to select.
On the other hand, slate is extremely durable and has been known to last up to 100 years in some cases.
It's important to choose a roof that you can afford and that will give your home the look that you want it to have at the same time. Be sure to talk to a roofing contractor (such as one from Drey Roofing) that can answer any questions you may have and install the roof of your choice accurately and in a timely manner.Share